Work Hard. Play Harder.

Blogging isn't for everyone.

Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Glory at 8 AM

This reminded me of "animal world" in the movie Mean Girls. Or at least it could have been.

The temperature was 18 degrees. My legs had managed to go numb from the sheer cold. I wasn't taking any chances though, on losing any extremities. I had a turtleneck sweater on, a scarf covering part of my face, gloves, my goosedown jacket, and two pairs of socks. I was tired as hell. Too much relaxing from the three day weekend. Need coffee badly. As I step onto the 6 train to head downtown for work, I survey the options. Stand next to the smelly, fat guy, or...wait, there's a seat open. I bolt for it. As I begin to move, I notice another woman eyeing the seat. She sees me going for it. Bitch, I haven't even had my coffee yet. That seat is mine! I can take her. She's like negative two feet tall and wearing high heels that even a cross dressing gay man would probably never wear. I manuever through bodies as quickly as possible. Haha, I reach the seat before her. In a brief moment of triumph, I take a moment to stand in front of the seat before sitting down, as if the act of sitting on the hard, plastic subway seat is the most comfortable thing in the world. I take out my newspaper and begin to examine the front page contents. Briefly, the woman glares at me, but then moves back to stand next to...the smelly guy. Triumph.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home