Work Hard. Play Harder.

Blogging isn't for everyone.

Friday, January 14, 2005

Argh

First off, let me apologize for what a horrible soap opera my blog has become. I''m sure it's annoying to read all of my whining, but then again, it's my blog, so "I do what I want!" What a crappy week it's been and it was an even crappier morning. I was an hour late to work due to all the rain we had this morning. I got to the subway station at 8:00 and figured it might be running a little behind, but I didn't expect to wait 45 minutes for the first train to come by. When it does, it's clearly too full to squeeze into, but people continue to do so anyway. I finally get onto the third train, but don't worry, I only arrived at work an hour late. The stupid Queensborough Bridge Tunnel was flooded so the trains couldn't run. I think fate hates me. First there was Buttface, then yesterday having to walk to work farther than expected, and then today. I hope the weekend is a little better.

So on the subject of Buttface, I decided to call him out on his poor behavior last night. I had enough beer to make this seem like a good idea when I probably should have just kept my mouth shut. I now realize that he has no balls. And I really, really liked him too. Pity he turned out to be a first-rate asshole. The only reason I am writing about this is because I am still in shock of how fucked up he is. I feel like this gives me validation or at least some sort of closure. He basically blamed it all on the amount of alcohol he drank. Now, that excuse only works when you're twenty, not twenty-nine. Besides, anything you do while intoxicated is nothing you wouldn't do sober. Generally, most people know better and that's why we only do the stupid things when we're drunk. You still think it when you're sober though. Like me: I drank enough beer to say what I had been thinking since Tuesday. But I'm not gonna say that the beer made me do it. It just helped facilitate. Should be interesting to see if he tries to talk to either me or my roommate again.

In the meantime, I have sworn off men for a while. Not indefinitely or anything. Just long enough to let my jaded attitude wear off. No sense in being an angry bitch all the time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home