Work Hard. Play Harder.

Blogging isn't for everyone.

Thursday, January 13, 2005

Trains Are Evil

I usually give myself a couple extra minutes to get to work in the morning just in case there is a delay with the subway or any unpredictable problem occurs. You just never know in a big city. I got into the city from Queens no problem, but it's that second train that seems to always cause problems. I am waiting for the 6 train (which I only have to take 9 blocks, or one stop), and I am waiting for about fifteen minutes. Rather annoyed, I have to be at work in fifteen minutes, which is no problem if the train would actually come since it takes just a minute to get to the next stop. But, noooooo, it doesn't come and we're all standing there looking really confused. At this point, I am annoyed, because I know that I will have to walk very, very quickly in order to make it on time, and people get huffy if I am late. It's like the phone calls commence exactly at 8:30 AM and if you're not there to answer the phone, their world collapses. I book it from 59th St to 50th St, where my building is located. I hoped that I would be incredibly lucky and a downtown bus would pull up just as I was walking by, but no such luck. I arrive at work all sweaty and out of breath from my brisk walk. Whatever make-up that I had put on this morning has now been sweated off. And if I wasn't awake before, I certainly am now.

I got another message from Buttface last night after I was already asleep. After no response to the first one, he decided to try again I guess. It said, "Hey Erin, See you out tonight?" This was at 12:30 AM. On a weeknight. Whae does he think I am? Some sort of alcoholic, partying until the break of dawn slut? Like I would just drop whatever I was doing to call him, come over intoxicated and screw his brains out. Unless he was referring to tonight, since technically it was already Thursday when he called, but I highly doubt that. His brain doesn't function on that level. The more I think about it, the more he continues to creep me out. I just can't think that he's a nice guy anymore after what happened. All of those times that I thought he was being genuinely nice to me, he had some other agenda going on. Bastard. Everything was a lie. I feel so incredibly used. Let's see how long it takes me to get over this to the point that I'll actually want to talk to men again. I saw this couple on the subway yesterday on my way home and they were holding each other and kissing and all I could think to myself is, "Yeah, you think that he's the most wonderful guy on the planet, but then you find out later that he is dating another girl or screwing around on you, and then he's not so wonderful. You'll just wind up really hurt and angry."

I wasn't even emotionally attached to this guy and I still feel used and abused.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home