Work Hard. Play Harder.

Blogging isn't for everyone.

Friday, January 07, 2005

Lunch....MMMMMMM

Ok, so just by doing a quick calculation to show how friggin expensive eating out is (and since I have no money, I cannot afford to do that like everyone else in this city), I will prove that people are lazy. So many people in Manhattan eat out for lunch. I just can't believe it. I felt like I was in middle school again when I packed my lunch last night. I made a turkey sandwich with cheese (burnt crust cut off of course), two nutri-grain bars, and an apple. Surprisingly, this is unbelievably healthy for me. Anyway. Imagine that it's on average $5, depending on where you go and what you get. That's $25 for the week. Or $100 a month. This is a low estimate, at least in my opinion. They'd rather spend that extra money than pack a lunch. No wonder New York has showed up on the list of fattest cities. I don't think even if I was permanently employed, that I would spend that much for lunch anyway. I'd still be on a budget. I have credit cards to pay off buddy. Plus I spend about $30 a week on groceries. I'd rather take that extra cash and spend it on booze. Yep, I said booze.

And I know that you all are so happy that I had that little math lesson today. Sigh, it kept me occupied for about five minutes anyway. Only two and a half more hours to go. Sweet.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home