Work Hard. Play Harder.

Blogging isn't for everyone.

Monday, December 13, 2004

Why Don't My Pants Fit Anymore? Wait, I Know

After sinking into a slightly depressed state of mind, I have managed to gain weight, and some of my pants do not fit anymore. Those jeans that were on the tight side to begin with are now impossible to wear. Oops. See, when some girls get depressed, they don't eat. I, on the other hand, am the total opposite. I will consume any food within a five foot radius. I also tend to sleep a lot (more than I should be anyway). I'll end up sleeping for 10 to 12 houurs a night. When I actually pick up work, I'll only sleep about 7 or 8 hours a night, which is fine, because I actually don't need more than that, but when you have nothing else to do, sleeping is a lot more fun. It's either that or send out 20 more resumes that I know I won't get a response to.

I went to the store tonight and managed to buy the ultimate gratification food. Chips, Coke (the kind with sugar and caffeine), brownies, and Ben and Jerry's Butter Pecan ice cream. Yeah well, bite me. Things haven't been going well and that is my coping mechanism, as I mentioned before: getting fat. Of course, this is really a suicidal path. I have a date on Wednesday, and while I should be thinking about how I don't want my tummy to hang out over my low rise jeans, the intoxicating smell of brownie is so much better. I will probably wake up Wednesday morning with a giant pimple too, as luck will have it. My life is great right now.

I started writing out Christmas cards today. Oh joy. This is my way of trying to get into the holiday spirit. Problem is, the weather has had me all trippy. It hasn't snowed here because it's still too warm. It's been as warm as 55. Finally this week, the weather will be in the 30's, which has made me feel more Christmas-y. I don't know what I would do if I were in Florida and it was really warm. Funny how humans adapt so easily. When I lived in Florida, the cold would freak me out, but now the warm weather weirds me out. Don't get me wrong, I love warm weather, I'm just not used to it in say, December or January. I own way too many sweaters now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home