Work Hard. Play Harder.

Blogging isn't for everyone.

Wednesday, December 08, 2004

The Whining Stops Here

I don't like to complain a lot, but sometimes I can't help it. This is by no means a "one man pity party" or anything, and even if I was having one, I wouldn't outright tell people about it, because then they would think I was sad.

Ever just have one of those weeks where you're just not happy and you really can't explain why? I think maybe part of this is coming from trying to make New Year's plans. Honestly, I think it's the dumbest holiday ever, and has no point. Anyway, the reality hit me that I have like two friends in this city, and they will not be here to celebrate with, so my options are to either: sit on my couch alone and go to bed early, or go to Chicago to see friends. See, the one option is looking good because after buying Christmas presents, I have no money, and it takes money to fly to Chicago. I don't have a job either and I know people think that I can just shit money, but really I can't. And honestly, has anyone come to see me? No. I've made the trip three times to see friends in different places. I just can't keep doing it. It's not a "I'm going to protest" thing or anything like that, I'm just tired of spending money on plane tickets when I don't even have it. Sure, Mastercard is happy with me, but my checkbook isn't.

I'm just tired I think. And frustrated with a certain someone here in New York. And the job market. And the holidays. Does anyone else think of the holidays as a fucking joke? I really can't stand them.

2 Comments:

At 1:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can always watch the Gators play Miami. We'll probably lose but hey what the hell.
- Christian

 
At 5:51 PM, Blogger Jennie said...

I don't blame you! I would come visit you, but I don't have any money either. Or a job. Or an apartment.

My life blows.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home