Work Hard. Play Harder.

Blogging isn't for everyone.

Thursday, March 31, 2005

Friends and Lovers

After much consideration, I have noticed that these two categories of relationships cannot exist in my life one after the other. I simply am unable to be friends with somebody that I have been intimate with. This took some reflection, but then after going through a mental checklist of my ex-flings and boyfriends, etc, reality sunk in. I am just not one of those girls that can be friends after. On certain occasions, if I felt that I was treated unfairly or poorly, I may even extend ill-wishes towards this man. It's not like they even did something that immediately makes me want to curse their name. I just don't like to think, "Aww, they're happy now and not pining away for losing the best thing that ever happened to them. ME. I hope they choke on a pretzel and die."

And so I am a bitter, man-hating female again. Who knew? Maybe the bitterness is trying to cover something up and maybe it isn't. Guess we'll never know.

On another note, even though I hate men, why are some such fine specimens? As Samantha from SATC says, "All that testosterone, God bless it." So true. The weather gets nice and all of a sudden, I notice all the men around me. Not that I didn't notice before, but there seems to be some urgency that comes with spring and seeing more skin on men. Instead of sweaters, men are wearing tight t-shirts is which I can see arm muscles, nice stomachs, and nice backs. Mmmmmm, back muscles. Yup, clearly one of my weaknesses.

1 Comments:

At 11:40 PM, Blogger Me said...

Amen to that! Seems like the more irritating the men in my life behave, the sexier men in general become. Very frustrating indeed! I'm guessing this is a defense mechanism--to sexualize men and view them as objects, rather than think about all the emotional drama they usually involve. Just a theory. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home