Work Hard. Play Harder.

Blogging isn't for everyone.

Thursday, February 03, 2005

HMO Woes

Since I am technically unemployed, I had to get my own health insurance, so I don't die from medical bills if the time comes that I do get sick. Well, my mom had great coverage through her work, so under this PPO plan, I never had to pay for anything, and if I did, it was at most $10. Well, not anymore. I am under an HMO plan which, basically, blows. Hardly any of the things I need are covered. For instance, I take something regularly that most other women I know who also take this, take to prevent a certain condition. While this is an added bonus, that is my not my main purpose. Does my HMO cover this? Nooooooooo. I will have to pay for it out of my own pocket. These other women don't have to pay for it, so why do I? Oh yeah, because my health insurance is total crap. They won't pay for the other medications that I need either (one of which is going to cost me $150) but that is a whole other story.


And no, I did not watch the State of the Union address last night. I was otherwise occupied. Drinking my face off. Which might explain why I am so damn tired this morning. Nothing tastes better right now than a bagel with butter and a gigantor coffee (hee hee I said gigantor). It's heaven.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home