Work Hard. Play Harder.

Blogging isn't for everyone.

Friday, April 15, 2005

Why Now

First of all, is anyone else sick of hearing about Britney Spears and her pregnancy? Or that everyone keeps calling her a pop tart? It's ruining my love for one of the best breakfast pastries known to man. Ugh, to think that she procreated with that ugly, white trash makes me want to hurl. But man, has anyone seen her boobs lately? She's going to be ginormous by the time she is nursing! Damn, Gina! Oh yeah, she's having a girl. Who can grow up to be just. like. her. Maybe she should name her Peach. Or Pebbles. You know, following in the footsteps of other idiot celebrities who think they pick out the most adorable names for their children. In reality, all they have done is allow their child a life of open mockery and bitter resentment for having the stupidest name in the world.

I knew that the economy was picking up, but what I didn't expect was how quickly that might actually happen. For months, I couldn't get an interview with any company. I sent out hundreds of resumes, only to hear the echo of silence, but now, I have had three separate companies call me and want to meet with me. Crazy. Not that I am unhappy with that. I welcome the opportunity with open arms. I'm sure it has something to do with 2005 budgets and finally having the funds allocated to hire new people, but it's sort of nice to think that people WANT me. That's right, they must interview me because naturally, I am awesome. But you know what? I NEED a full-time job. I NEED a salary. I NEED health insurance that actually covers medications, not what seems like 10% of the costs. Paying forty dollars a month for birth control when I take it for medical reasons, is not fun. Really, my HMO should quit sucking and pay for it, but I know they never will. Besides, what if I couldn't afford it and was dumb enough to get pregnant right now. They would spend a whole lot more money on my pregnancy and then some covering my child than if they had gone ahead and just paid for the birth control in the first place. I hate HMO's. As a direct result of all of these annoyances, I'm probably developing an ulcer. I'm an anxiety freak, believe it or not, and tend to overanalyze things. Therefore, the ulcer will probably happen at some point.

So next week I have two more interviews scheduled (one is a result from yesterday's, so that's good right?). Bring it! I'm so ready for this. I will be that awesome chick that everyone talks about from college because she rocks and made it in New York City. I will truly be Miranda from Sex and the City (except I don't have the same haircut as her anymore, but expect something soon, because my hair is driving me crazy). So yeah, peace out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home