Work Hard. Play Harder.

Blogging isn't for everyone.

Monday, January 24, 2005

Stupid Cold

Brace yourself, I am going to complain again (I know, BIG surprise). As a result of this shit weather we are having, I woke up this morning to get ready for work to find out that my apartment building had no heat AND no hot water. Are you fucking kidding me? I can deal with not having one, but not both. I had to boil a pot of water on the stove to wash my face and I turned the oven on with the door open to make the temperature inside bearable. Remind me why I moved here again? I called my landlord and told him, but he sort of got bitchy with me. Hey, it's your building. Don't be a landlord if you don't want to deal with my shit. If both are not fixed by the time I come home from work, I am going to cry. I just want to take a shower, you know? So now, I'm sitting at the reception desk all gross and nasty, for the entire day. Awesome.

I am checking the weather for San Diego every five minutes. Only a month until I am sitting on a plane bound for warmer weather. I need a tan. Badly. I look like a ghost of my former self.

On another note, I think Hot French Guy is flirting with me. He always smiles at me everytime I see him and goes out of his way to say "Good morning" or "Good night". I notice that if I don't make eye contact with him, and am in the middle of typing something, he always turns around to look at me. So either he's like, "Hey, how you doin?" or my play it cool when he's around attitude isn't working. I'm willing to bed that it's the former. I am good at looking bored pretty much all the time, even when I see him and have not engaged in flirting behavior, so maybe he just thinks that I am really hot. Right. 'Cause people who can't shower in the morning because they have no hot water in their apartments are really hot.

1 Comments:

At 10:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

>I'm willing to bed that it's the former.

FREUDIAN SLIP, Erin! Ha ha!

R

 

Post a Comment

<< Home