Work Hard. Play Harder.

Blogging isn't for everyone.

Sunday, October 03, 2004

I'm 22. Big fat woo hoo. Instead of being excited, it just makes me more depressed. It points out the fact that I am 22 years old and have now been unemployed for 5 months (minus the brief time at Vector). I have a friggin college degree! No matter how positive I try to be about things, I can't help but want to cry about it sometimes. I know it's not my fault that I can't find a job (it's not for lack of trying), it's just not a good economy right now. I am looking for anything at this point that is even remotely related to business. Marketing, PR, HR, market research, you name it. So that's basically what's been going on with me. Cool huh?

I started looking at grad school programs as a just in case factor for next fall. I am good at French so I started looking at French language programs at Columbia and NYU. They are good, competitive schools so I probably wouldnt even get in, but it's nice to dream right? I've got to do something in the meantime, so maybe I can become someone's personal bitch, I mean, assistant. I just feel tired from all of this. People ask me how the job thing is going and all I can think is, "Why do you ask me? Of course its the same as it has been. If I had anything exciting to tell you, I would. You can bet your ass on that one."

I blame the government on this one. They are too busy playing bully to other countries to remember to help the little people of this country. Forget fiscal and monetary policy - let's blow up Iraq! At least I still remember something relevant from my degree. Now if only I could use it...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home