Work Hard. Play Harder.

Blogging isn't for everyone.

Friday, November 19, 2004

I've been a busy girl this week, causing a lack of blogging. Monday was pretty much a recovery day (still) from the crazy Saturday night. I can finally say though that I am fully covered from my most recent experience with Everclear.

Erin Mowrey was in town Tuesday and Wednesday doing second round interviews with Pfizer. She and I met up with Charlie and Burkett for happy hour at McFadden's. For a bar that they frequent many a happy hour, I wasn't really that impressed with it. Sort of forgettable. But Burkett, oh so cute still. He lives in the city now. My reaction was, oh really? Too bad that will never happen for reasons no longer in my control. It wasn't much of a late night since people were tired and had interviews in the morning.

I did meet Erin after her interviews were over on Wednesday. We went to lunch at Burger Heaven on 49th between 5th and Mad and met Charlie for lunch. Mmmmm, Burger Heaven. Easily becoming one of my favorite lunch places, despite my shock still when I get the bill. I still have to adjust to prices here and its been 3 months. The rest of Wednesday was pretty forgettable.

Thursday Sayaka and I met Ryan, another fellow Witt alum who lives in the city, for Happy Hour. I enjoyed the bar that we went to much more than Tuesday's happy hour. The food was pretty decent too. I got home just as ER was coming on and started to have a panic attack. I had missed both the OC and the Apprentice. Not to worry though, I watched the Apprentice tonight on CNBC and watched Wes and Maria get fired. I'm glad Maria got fired. She has annoyed me since the very beginning episode.

So after being a lazy piece of poo all week, I am staying in this weekend and getting some things done. I found out today that I am working every day next week except for Thanksgiving. As if I wasn't already depressed that I wasn't going to get Thanksgiving dinner, that pretty much did it. If I didn't need money badly, I would have said no, but seeing as how I always manage to spend a ton of money, I need the work. So if I'm in a bad mood all next week, you'll know why. I'm gonna need that bottle of Everclear by next weekend, but considering that everyone I know will be hanging out with their families, looks like I will be sharing a bottle of wine with myself. Not to mention I am having problems with C again. Sigh, it's going to be a long week.

1 Comments:

At 5:01 PM, Blogger Jennie said...

If it makes you feel any better, I'm really not looking forward to Thanksgiving at my grandparents, because I'm sure there will be lots of questions along the lines of, "so what are you planning on doing with your life," and "so . . . you STILL don't have a job? what's wrong with you?"

I love the holidays.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home