Work Hard. Play Harder.

Blogging isn't for everyone.

Sunday, October 10, 2004

Rugby is my new favorite sport to watch. Not women though - they scare me. I enjoy watching men - sort of the way Homer Simpson makes that noise when he wants a doughnut. Yeah, it's that good.

My roommate and I went to go see the Columbia undergrad men's rugby team today. Well, I thought the game was today but I am dumb, since the game was actually tomorrow. We had to take the 6 train up to Spanish Harlem and then catch the bus to Randall's Island. It is a very scary trip. I definitely would not be comfortable doing that at night ever. This scary guy tried to talk to us but we ran away and hurried onto the bus. Once we got there, there was rugby though so we stayed and watched. We were a bit confused because the players looked a bit old to be in college, but we still stayed. During the game, we notice that one team is all foreign. Odd, but alright. Sayaka leans over and says, "I think the one team is gay." I hadn't really noticed but then we see quite a few guy spectators. Some of them start making out. That pretty much answered my question. These were big guys too. So I came home and looked up the team on the internet to confirm our suspicions. They are part of a movement for non-discriminatory sports teams in the New York area, and the other all foreign team was exactly that. They were "ethnic" as the website stated. There was this one Irish guy. Mmmmm. We all know I like Irish boys. Rugby players are just hot. Some are scary and not attractive, but I'd say about 50%. Those are good odds. As far as today, not all the guys were gay, but most of them were. Sort of takes the fun out of it when you know they don't swing your way.

So anyway, I can now say that I have seen a gay men's rugby team play. New York never ceases to amaze me in new ways. These guys arent your stereotypical gay guys either. They are large and tough, as every rugby player needs to be so as not to get the shit kicked out of him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home