Work Hard. Play Harder.

Blogging isn't for everyone.

Monday, March 14, 2005

Whaaah Whaaah

Why is it that some men have this peculiar behavior that they engage in? It's like one little statement absolves them of all responsibility. They get drunk, proceed to act like assholes and then claim not to remember their behavior the next day. "Oh, I'm drunk, it will be okay to shove my hands down her pants without asking, even though my girlfriend (ok, she's really my fiancee, but I refuse to call her that) is standing in the other room. The next day, apology. "I'm drunk, so let me grab onto her arm and yank her onto the dance floor because obviously, this behavior is going to make her practically fall in love with me - forcing her to dance with me when she said no only three times. This will definitely do it." The next day, apology. I suppose that an apology is better than nothing, but what annoys me is that they even think about acting that way. Even if I am out with friends for the evening and have men come hit on me, no does not mean no to them. They continue to try and try to get me to dance, until finally I have to say, "I am not interested, and if you continue to piss me off, when my 300 pound boyfriend gets here, I am going to send him in your direction. " That typically works, but I shouldn't have to say that - a simple not interested should suffice.

I always say that you do things when you're drunk that you would not do sober, but you always think about doing it, you just typically have enough common sense not to engage in whatever behavior it is. I have never done something in a completely wasted state of mind that I wasn't already thinking about when I was sober. Sleep with someone? Thought about it sober. Streaked the hollow? Actually did it sober once. Smacked the crap out of someone? Thought about it sober, but knew better, so didn't. So apologizing for being really drunk is not a good apology. Own up to the fact that you're just a dick who needs a personality makeover, ASAP.

What's up with the New York 2012 Olympic Games Candidate City signs on the side of the subway cars? Like that's really going to make the difference of whether or not we get the Olympics.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home