Work Hard. Play Harder.

Blogging isn't for everyone.

Thursday, September 02, 2004

Earmuffs...

So today was another boring day. I know I shouldnt be bored in New York City, but since I am unemployed, cannot take the time to go into the city much. It will inevitably cost money even if you don't have the intention of spending any. You'll realize that you've walked all over the place for four hours and want to sit down somewhere that involves air conditioning. So you must buy something (most likely a beverage). That stuff adds up, especially when I just bought the cutest pair of fuschia sandals on clearance at Macy's. Yay.

That brings me to another gripe. At least the Republican National Convention is over soon because I went to Macy's and felt like I was under surveillance. Everyone was, but it was like Big Brother is Watching You. They have cameras everywhere and I saw at least fifty cops from the subway stop to the front door at Macy's. There's all these roadblocks and such. I wish we could exterminate all the Republicans like roaches. That's what they are you know.

So that brings me back to my day. I woke up, didnt shower until this afternoon, but sent out more resumes that I know I wont get a response to. Its pathetic really and manages to make you feel like a total moron. I'm not a stupid person and I know if someone just gave me an interview I could totally prove myself, but this not knowing or doing anything is killing me. I feel like a total loser sometimes. My roommate came home from her orientation and I was like, "Hey, havent showered yet today. Sitting in front of my computer pretty much all day." She probably thinks I'm this total sloth because when I am not sitting at my computer, I am watching tv. She goes out and leaves and when she comes back, I am still sitting in the apartment. I want a fucking job! It's not like I can hang out with friends, since I only know like three people in the city right now. I don't want to freak them out and stalk them every day. Then I would know less people and that would be bad. The city is awesome and I love it here, don't get me wrong, but I could use something to fill the giant hole that is a part of my daily routine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home