Work Hard. Play Harder.

Blogging isn't for everyone.

Tuesday, July 27, 2004

So after a fun trip to Borders, I ended up with 45 dollars worth of books. Whoops. I bought a French copy of Glamour magazine (I miss reading things in French), Anna Karenina (no, I didnt get it just because it's Oprah's new book for her Book Club, I have been wanting to read it), I also got a fold out map of New York, and a nice guidebook for people who live there. It has a good section on Astoria. There's a bar there with a beer garden! Item number one to check out when I arrive I think. I'll have to be able to drink though. Damn it.

I just got off the phone after making a few apartment phone calls. This one guy, Louis, the one who sounds right out of the movies, was awfully friendly on the phone. He offered to pick us up from the subway stop and take us to the apartment. I was like, "That's cool and all, but I can follow directions and it isnt necessary for me to get picked up from the station by a total stranger." Well I didn't say that, but I was thinking that. Yeah. What a long strange trip it's going to be I think...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home