Work Hard. Play Harder.

Blogging isn't for everyone.

Tuesday, July 27, 2004

So I got up today and had a message on my cell phone. It was from this guy in Queens calling me back about an apartment that we wanted to look at. I could barely understand this guy. You know those stereotypical Queens accents in movies that people have? I always thought they were exaggerated a bit. Nope. I could just picture this guy with his tracksuit on and weird sunglasses. Makes me think of John Travolta in Saturday Night Fever. Although, that was Brooklyn, not Queens.  The apartment sounds nice though so I can't make fun of this guy too much. God will smite me again. Look what happened when I kissed a boy among other things...

I am getting more and more excited to go to New York now. I am also getting more and more freaked out. There are so many things I have to do just to get myself there.  Once I am settled, I have to worry about stupid things like dishrags and having scissors. Trying to have your own place is complicated! Having lived in the dorm and Gamma Phi house has left me unprepared for this. I have nothing to set up my own place. Oh wait, I have Cutco knives! I can cut food at least.  I want to get a queen size bed (or at least a full size) but my mom is being mean and told me no. I HATE sleeping in a twin bed because my feet hang off the bed. For short people this is not a problem, but it is one of my pet peeves. I like to sleep diagonal and you can only do that in a bigger bed. I even saw this cool comforter from target. It's periwinkle.  My mom found these two pictures made out of paper that my great aunts brought back from Asia years ago. I think I might frame them and use them as inspiration for my new room. Ok, I know, I have been watching too many design shows lately. That's what happens when your mom likes all that crap and isnt working until August.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home